Digestive Disease Week® (DDW®) 2021 featured 2,000+ oral abstracts and ePoster presentations and 300 original lectured sessions across 17 different tracks as well as a virtual exhibit hall, product theaters, and Satellite Symposia. To break down the newest trends and hottest topics discussed during the 3-day virtual event, Commonwealth Diagnostics International (CDI) and MyGiHealth hosted a Post-DDW Functional GI Trends Webinar on Thursday, May 27th. This program was endorsed by the Rome Foundation.
The expert GI panel included:
- Brennan Spiegel, MD, MSHS, Gastroenterologist, Professor of Medicine and Public Health, and Director of Health Services Research for Cedars-Sinai, Director of the Cedars-Sinai Master’s Degree Program in Health Delivery Science, Editor-in-Chief of the American Journal of Gastroenterology, and author of the new book, VRx: How Virtual Therapeutics Will Revolutionize Medicine
- Shanti Eswaran, MD, Gastroenterologist and Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at Michigan Medicine (University of Michigan), and Fellow and Food & FGIDs Working Team member for Rome Foundation
- Rajiv Sharma, MD, Integrative Gastroenterologist and Researcher, Founder and President of Digestive Health Associates in Terre Haute, Indiana, and author of the book, Pursuit of Gut Happiness
The webinar was moderated by:
- Johannah Ruddy, MEd, national healthcare communications expert, academic researcher in the field of IBS and author of Gut Feelings; Disorders of Gut-Brain Interaction and the Patient-Doctor Relationship
- Craig Strasnick, President and CEO of Commonwealth Diagnostics International, Inc. and board member for MyGiHealth and GI Logic, Inc.
The recording for the webinar is now available as well as additional resources presented by the panelists during the discussion.
Webinar Recording Guide
0:00 Welcome and Moderator Intros
3:20 Panelist Intros
7:15 COVID-19 and the impact on the GI community
18:05 Role of a low FODMAP diet and trends in effective IBS treatments
27:44 Next-generation data science and GI technology trends
37:47 Immersive and integrative care best practices
41:16 Research projects and technologies/innovations being closely watched
47:42 Final Q&A from the audience
59:50 Wrap-up and thank you’s