Each month, the CDI team rounds up some of the latest #GIcommunity research, news, and trends, and how they impact functional GI diagnostics and treatment of patients worldwide.
This month, we are featuring resources and highlights from ACG Scientific Meeting & Postgraduate Course (ACG 2022), which took place in Charlotte and virtually from October 21-26, 2022.
Registered participants can access session recordings, ePosters, and additional content on-demand through March 2023. And don’t forget to save the date for ACG 2023, taking place October 2023 in Vancouver and virtually.
Highlights from ACG 2022
ACG 2022, considered the premier GI clinical event of the year, offered GI physicians the opportunity to network with peers, share experiences from their practices, and learn the latest clinical information on key GI topics.
According to the American College of Gastroenterology, “This year’s lectures highlight new approaches to inflammatory bowel disease, clinician-led research, optimizing colorectal cancer screening outreach, living with purpose, and the central role of the gut in overall health.”
The exhibit hall was packed with health brands from around the world featuring the latest advances in gastrointestinal technology, diagnostics, and therapeutics. CDI and My Total Health.
Here are some of the functional GI presentations, posters, and stories our team is following:
- Abnormal Glucose Breath Test Does Not Correlate With Patient’s Self-Reported Symptoms and Their Severity
- Association of SIBO Symptoms with Breath-Test Results and Response to Treatment
- Effects of an Herbal Supplement on Intestinal Methanogenic Overgrowth
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and TikTok
- IgG-Based Elimination Diet Beneficial for IBS Symptoms: Study
- Virtual reality may improve symptoms, quality of life in functional dyspepsia
- The Low FODMAP Diet: Abdominal & Overall Symptoms in IBS Patients With All Subtypes
- Rectal Sensitivity: IBS in Chronic Constipation
Click the links below for additional coverage from industry publications:
Registration Now Open for Year-End 2022 + Outlook 2023 Functional GI Trends Webinar
For the third year, we’ve gathered experts across the GI community to help break down timely themes, hot topics, and new research discussed during the annual ACG Scientific Meeting. Join CDI, My Total Health, and our expert gastroenterology panel on Thursday, November 3rd at 7:30pm ET for a lively discussion and Q&A that will wrap up 2022 and provide an outlook on what’s to come in 2023 for the GI community.