With continued changes in science and technology, gastroenterology practice continues to evolve with a greater emphasis on an integrated healthcare delivery model that will improve patient outcomes. ACG 2022 offered GI physicians the opportunity to learn the latest clinical information on key GI topics, share practice experiences, and see the latest advances in GI diagnostics and therapeutics.
Following ACG 2022, Commonwealth Diagnostics International (CDI) and My Total Health gathered an expert GI panel to help break down timely themes, hot topics, and new research discussed during the annual ACG Scientific Meeting and provided an outlook on what’s to come in 2023 for the GI community.
This year’s webinar speakers included:
- Brennan Spiegel, MD, MSHS | Cedars-Sinai
- John Damianos, MD | Yale New Haven Hospital
- Rajiv Sharma, MD | Digestive Health Associates
- Moderator: Craig S. Strasnick | CDI & My Total Health
The recording for the webinar is now available as well as additional resources presented by the panelists during the discussion:
Highlights from our Expert GI Panel
- Dr. Damianos spoke about microbiome-targeted therapeutics, including diet, antibiotics, probiotics, and fecal microbiota transplantation.
- Dr. Sharma summarized his work with the gut/brain/mind connection with his patients and discussed patient treatment strategies that focus on probiotics, prebiotics, and elimination diets for GI disorders.
- Dr. Spiegel emphasized nonpharmacological and evidence-based alternative treatments, including Virtual Reality, yoga, and exercise.
- All speakers explored the importance of carefully listening to each patient to create personalized diagnostic and treatment plans to improve health outcomes.
Webinar Recording Guide
0:00 Welcome and Sponsor + Moderator Intro
2:19 Moderator Welcome + Panelist Intros
6:09 Overall Trends Remarks from Dr. Spiegel
9:00 Microbiome & Live Bio Therapeutics (Dr. Damianos)
11:49 Moderator Remarks on Precision-Based Care
13:45 Alternative Therapies for DGBIs (Dr. Sharma)
18:35 Moderator Remarks on Integrative Care
21:09 Emerging Technology & Interventions (Dr. Spiegel)
28:27 Managing Complexity of DGBI Patient Care (Dr. Damianos)
34:22 Discussion of Irritable “Mind” Syndrome (Dr. Sharma + Dr. Spiegel)
39:20 Audience Questions on Alternative Approaches with Diet and Probiotics (All)
50:56 Additional Audience Questions (All)
1:02:56 Causes of SIBO (Dr. Spiegel)
1:03:33 Wrap-Up & Thank You’s
Get your exclusive Year-End 2022 + Outlook 2023 Functional GI Trends Guide
Continue your education and find more resources here!
Alliance for Education on Probiotics
My Nutrition Health: A Guide to FODMAPs
Additional Provider Resources for Functional GI Diagnostics
FREE Patient-Provider Engagement Tools from My Total Health
MyGiHealth Patient Education Center and Symptom Tracker App