Digestive Disease Week® 2022 (DDW 2022) is the world’s premier meeting for gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy, and gastrointestinal surgery. Sponsored by four leading societies — AASLD, AGA, ASGE, and SSAT — DDW brings physicians, researchers, and other industry professionals together to exchange knowledge, formulate ideas and uncover new ways to improve the lives of those living with digestive diseases.
DDW 2022 will take place May 21-24 in San Diego, CA, and virtually, and will feature more than 3,300 oral abstract and poster presentations and 400 original lecture sessions across 17 DDW Session Tracks. Session tracks include disease categories like Functional GI and Motility Disorders, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, and Stomach and Small Bowel Disorders, as well as general industry topics like Technologies and Procedural Innovations, Health Care Delivery, Disparities and Quality, and Clinical Practice.
Here is a preview of some of the biggest functional GI community topics at DDW 2022:
- William Chey will present on Diet and Behavioral Therapies in IBS, including a discussion of the role of these therapies and the importance of integrated care in treating IBS patients.
- Lin Chang and Anthony Lembo will discuss Pharmacological Management for IBS during the 2022 AGA Guideline Highlights session.
- Magnus Simren and Stephen Vanner will moderate the Josephine and Michael Camilleri, MD, Lecture on Diet, SIBO, and Biofeedback Therapy for FGIDs, appraising the evidence for dietary interventions and treatment of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, and pelvic floor biofeedback therapy for managing functional GI diseases.
- Will Takakura, et. al., will give a poster presentation titled Testing for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth Provides a Precision Medicine Approach to the Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systemic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Michael Camilleri and Anthony Lembo will give a Meet-the-Professor luncheon on IBS Management: Science and Empiricism, focusing on a review of the pros and cons of empiricism in IBS and a “how-to” on the use of biomarkers as a means to personalize or individualize treatment in IBS.
With so much educational content coming out of DDW 2022, the GI community is welcome to join CDI, My Total Health, and an expert gastroenterologist panel for our annual Mid-Year Functional GI Trends Webinar that will break down the most significant trends and hottest topics from the meeting while also providing real-life experiences and practical knowledge to help improve patient care. This year’s Mid-Year Functional GI Trends Webinar will take place on Thursday, June 2nd, from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.